Thursday, November 27, 2008

AND THE SHOPPING BEGINS.......

BLACK FRIDAY

The shopping frenzy will officially kick off at the crack of dawn on Friday morning.  I would like to remind everyone to please remember to support your local small businesses this holiday season.   Our small businesses have taken a terrific financial hit this past year, and many won't be around this time next year if they don't rebound this holiday season.

Remember... this country was founded on small mom and pop shops all across the nation.  Small shops that are slowly disappearing as they become swallowed up by the big stores.   Please don't let that happen.  Think about Main Street USA and the wonderful old world charm that exists in the quaint little villages across this country.  

Please let us all do our part in keeping our small boutiques up and running by supporting them this holiday season!
Shop on......

A POST AFTER A POST:  
A YOUNG MAN IN OUR AREA ON LONG ISLAND WAS
 TRAMPLED TO DEATH EARLY THIS MORNING WHILE OPENING THE DOORS TO SHOPPERS AT WAL-MART.  PLEASE LET US ALL STOP THE MADNESS AND GET BACK TO THE REAL MEANING OF CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

funny, i was thinking this this morning because we head to my cousins for a weekend of shopping. her town has alot of little businesses that i thought I need to drop in on!

I hope your day goes well!

Meadowsweet Days said...

Hi Dawn,
I think it is really important that we support them. I know shops in our small village will probably not survive. It's really sad. I'm afraid people will begin to realize when it's too late. I love the little stores, and the customer service! Have fun shopping!

When The Best Things In Life Come In Small Packages!! Happy Birthday, We all Love You So Much!!

">

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY
All ready for Autumn!