Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WATER GARDENS.....

  Last summer,  I bought this water blooming Calla Lilly.  I thought I would give it a try and bring it inside for the winter and place it in my conservatory.  I really wasn't sure how well it would do.  But look!  I was so thrilled when I saw these new flowers spiking and then blooming again into this breathtaking Calla Lilly!    
I can't wait for those warm summer days when I can bring my small water garden outside again!
Do I have cabin fever..... or what?


5 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

its very pretty...but I dont understand. are you saying that sits in water?

Meadowsweet Days said...

Dawnie, yes, the whole plant grows in a large pot of water....

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

That is beautiful!!! May I ask where you bought it? I would love tp put one in my goldfish pond.

Unknown said...

Isn't it exciting when a plant that we've nourished and watched, blooms in new beauty. I always get so excited when my violets or orchids reach out with new growth and blooms. I've never had a calla lily. Really stunning.

Kathleen said...

Beautiful! And yes you do, and so do I!
When i see so many people from the South proclaiming it is Spring on Tablescape Thurs. I am jealous! Long way to go here!

When The Best Things In Life Come In Small Packages!! Happy Birthday, We all Love You So Much!!

">

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY
All ready for Autumn!