Friday, February 20, 2009

KAHLUA AND ICE CREAM SANDWICHES..... OH MY!

Have you visited Libby from Twirl and Taste ?  If you haven't,  you must pay her a visit!  I have bookmarked several of her recipes, but last night I was having a special birthday dinner for my future daughter-in-law and  I knew I wanted a really scrumptious dessert.  Well, I found it in Libby's recipe for XOXO Ice Cream!  I am not a food stylist, nor am I the best photographer, so my pictures do not speak of how delicious this recipe is!  You must give it a try!

Line a baking dish with Ice Cream Sandwiches.  Poke the sandwiches with a fork to create more holes.  Then, are you ready for this..... pour Kahlua over the sandwiches.  Top with cool whip and crushed Heath Bars.  Libby suggests adding the crushed candy to the cool whip before spreading.  I was so excited about making this, that I didn't pay attention.  I sprinkled them on the top..... delicious anyway!  Top with chocolate curls.  Cover with plastic wrap and freeze!  Yummy!
Thank you Libby!

10 comments:

Cyndi said...

that sounds good and so easy,that's the best part!

Designs on 47th Street said...

I am loving Libby's blog too. I had missed this recipe. Thanks Carol for bringing it to our attention and for the picture. this does sound really special.

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so delighted you liked my favorite ice cream sandwiches and how sweet of you to feature it on your gorgeous site - you sure made my day! I look forward to seeing more of your twirl down the road to the big wedding.

Melissa Miller said...

This look so fab-u-lous! :)

~CC Catherine said...

Carol, I can say this is great, because I've had it before! YES, YES...it's SCRUMPTIOUS! IT was a hit with our work family! ;) ~CC Catherine

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my that just sound totally wonderful and so easy. I love those kinds of desserts. What a great recipe. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

cottage farm villa said...

OMG Carol....that is so sinful! How many WW points??? LOL

Just kidding....I XOXOXOXOX Ice Cream too!!! It is my fave and then cheesecake. Your future DIL must LOVE U!

~Cheryl

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

I just found her blog too. That sounds so yummy! She just posted a cheese straw recipe that looked great!

Kathleen said...

Sounds like a frozen Death by Chocolate!

And how many WW points is that???:)

I will go check her blog...I see she did Foodie Friday too..

I posted good scone recipe...nice and moist...never made them before..but I only had 1!

Dawn Marie said...

I cant use my outlook express to get your email. so hopefully you will see it here. Its Dawn53094@yahoo.com.

Thanks. Something is wrong with my outlook, but I use Yahoo anyhow. Its just then i click on your email my outlook pops up but then it wont load.

When The Best Things In Life Come In Small Packages!! Happy Birthday, We all Love You So Much!!

">

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY
All ready for Autumn!