Saturday, October 4, 2008

A WINTER PROJECT

I usually start some sort of knitting or crocheting project right around this time of year.  This year, it is an afghan.  Don't you just love a new project to work on.   I can't wait to come home from work, and after the dinner dishes are through,  I head for a nice hot bath, my warm flannel pajamas and slowly work my way stitch by stitch to what will become another treasured heirloom in years to come.  
Lately, I have just gone crazy for that new shade of deep lime green that seems to be popping up everywhere in home decor.  We recently purchased a charming vacation house on the eastern end of Long Island in Westhampton Beach.   I am so anxious to sprinkle bits of that color throughout the house.  I have decided on a color scheme of lime green and brown for the living room,  so imagine how thrilled I was when I came across the perfect yarn for my winter project.  I thought I would share how lovely all of the skeins of yarn  looked piled high in an antique basket from Meadowsweet.   I will keep you posted on my progress!

5 comments:

Neabear said...

I'll be watching to see what type of afghan you are making. Looks like it will be very pretty with the pretty green yarn.

Cinasue Lane said...

I love green. Especially bright greens. Can't wait to see the finished project! A vacation home, how wonderful! Congrats! Can't wait to see the colors you put in there.

CIELO said...

Hi Carol.... did you get my email? I love everything I see here in your cozy romantic virtual house...

Have a lovely evening...

cielo

fascinatingfinds said...

Thanks for the visit to my new blog, I love your blog and the music and will be back....when I figure out how to add you to my list I will do the same, thanks again....Cheryl cherylsfascinatingfinds

Shopping Blog said...

You simply link to one site and discount links of london that site in turn links to another site. charms bracelets That third site then links to you and completes a perfect web charms links of london that is untraceable by anything Google can do.This can build your links of london sweetie watches Serps immensely and give you a major edge over all your competition. links of london ring uk You would be surprised just how fast Google can move links of london silver necklace you up in rankings.Now is the time to stop wasting your time on useless link building that does nothing links of london silver earrings and start using a system that is prove to work..

When The Best Things In Life Come In Small Packages!! Happy Birthday, We all Love You So Much!!

">

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY
All ready for Autumn!