Friday, October 3, 2008

SEASONS CHANGE

I don't know about you, but I love the changing seasons.   Today,  there was a bit of a chill in the air, and the leaves are just gradually beginning to change.    Jack and I took a drive out to the eastern end of the island today and stopped along the way at some farm stands where we found the perfect pumpkin and some huge golden bronze mums in bushel baskets that later found a new home on my front porch.   I always love to change the entrance to my home to reflect the changing seasons.  Gone are the brilliant pinks and purples that clothe my gardens all summer, the bright yellow sunflowers that arrive just as the summer is beginning to say its last farewell, and now the deep autumn jewel tones reflected in the wreath on my front door-- a huge circle of deep burgundy hydrangeas, green apples, anjou pears, dried thistles and pods, berries and autumn leaves.  Change is good!

1 comment:

Neabear said...

Found you when you commented on Cindy at A Romantic Home. Decided I would add your blog to the ones I follow, especially after I saw that you are also Sagittarus and just a couple of years older than me. Fun to meet people of similar age. Your blog looks great. I am still learning how to do things with my blogs too. I have two of them. My home blog and my craft blog. Come visit when you get a chance.

When The Best Things In Life Come In Small Packages!! Happy Birthday, We all Love You So Much!!

">

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY
All ready for Autumn!