Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Drying Sunflower Heads

I love these huge Sunflower Heads~and the sweet gold finches that flock to them this time of year.  I don't think the birds will mind if I cut a few in various sizes and just place them in a big wooden bowl to enjoy on my kitchen table.  So many lovely things to gather in an early autumn garden.  Roses leaving their rose hips to gather and place in a country crock with some bittersweet, the hydrangeas drying in all sorts of lovely greens and shades of burgundy.  I have already begun to gather huge bunches to dry. Soon they will  be spritzed with gold and bit of fairy dust for Christmas arrangements and wreaths for my store~ I love it!

4 comments:

carole said...

Wow Carole:
That sunflower is huge and beautiful!!! Mary is my friend too : ) She is always introducing another nice person to "Bloglandia" and we all get to meet them and be friends too. Where is your store? And where are you?
I am in Santa Monica California right now. I am always moving and ahving adventures : )
Welcome and enjoy!!!
Peace
carole

Meadowsweet Days said...

Hi Carole,
Nice to meet you. I live on Long Island and my store is in Northport. Were you able to find my blog easily, because others have had problems finding it, and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Welcome to blogland! Your storea looks lovely. I love sunflowers and we are farmers and grow fields of them! I will be cutting a few to keep when they are ready to be harvested. I like making winter bird feeders out of them.

Shopping Blog said...

You simply link to one site and discount links of london that site in turn links to another site. charms bracelets That third site then links to you and completes a perfect web charms links of london that is untraceable by anything Google can do.This can build your links of london sweetie watches Serps immensely and give you a major edge over all your competition. links of london ring uk You would be surprised just how fast Google can move links of london silver necklace you up in rankings.Now is the time to stop wasting your time on useless link building that does nothing links of london silver earrings and start using a system that is prove to work..

When The Best Things In Life Come In Small Packages!! Happy Birthday, We all Love You So Much!!

">

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY
All ready for Autumn!