Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Drying Sunflower Heads

I love these huge Sunflower Heads~and the sweet gold finches that flock to them this time of year.  I don't think the birds will mind if I cut a few in various sizes and just place them in a big wooden bowl to enjoy on my kitchen table.  So many lovely things to gather in an early autumn garden.  Roses leaving their rose hips to gather and place in a country crock with some bittersweet, the hydrangeas drying in all sorts of lovely greens and shades of burgundy.  I have already begun to gather huge bunches to dry. Soon they will  be spritzed with gold and bit of fairy dust for Christmas arrangements and wreaths for my store~ I love it!

3 comments:

a Bohemian Market said...

Wow Carole:
That sunflower is huge and beautiful!!! Mary is my friend too : ) She is always introducing another nice person to "Bloglandia" and we all get to meet them and be friends too. Where is your store? And where are you?
I am in Santa Monica California right now. I am always moving and ahving adventures : )
Welcome and enjoy!!!
Peace
carole

Meadowsweet Days said...

Hi Carole,
Nice to meet you. I live on Long Island and my store is in Northport. Were you able to find my blog easily, because others have had problems finding it, and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Welcome to blogland! Your storea looks lovely. I love sunflowers and we are farmers and grow fields of them! I will be cutting a few to keep when they are ready to be harvested. I like making winter bird feeders out of them.

When The Best Things In Life Come In Small Packages!! Happy Birthday, We all Love You So Much!!

">

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY

My Store, Meadowsweet, Northport, NY
All ready for Autumn!